Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Catching Up

Since it's only been 2 years since I last posted - I thought I would quickly jot down a few things I hope never to forget. (Because there is so much I have already forgotten!)

2 Nights ago - Me, in the kitchen cooking dinner. Kids, in the living room running and laughing and playing. All is good right? Not so much.

I walk out to find to 2 naked kiddos who have decided to see who can pee the best. Not kidding. Pee EVERYWHERE. 7 spots in all (that I found...) If they hadn't fessed up to all of them, I would have sworn 5 dogs were in my house marking their territory. Apparently Avery is envious of Blake's ability to stand up and pee.

New rule in our house. Underwear on at ALL times.

Blake - When he is done throwing a tantrum - he stops suddenly, looks at you and says, "It's OK. I'm happy now." And that's it.

He is totally fascinated with Nipples. He is always asking, "Do you have Nipples? I have Nipples!"

Such a happy, easy going child. He LOVES the movie CARS and anything Lightening McQueen. He knows the alphabet and can count to 20.

Avery - She was named Most Nurturing at her Preschool graduation this year. She is such a little mother. We have to remind her that she is NOT Blake's mother! Anytime she wants a gift, it is always a new baby.

Avery started Kindergarten this year and is doing so well. I am amazed at how her drawing has improved. She drew a horse yesterday and I would tell it was actually a horse! She is learning sight words (Go, The, etc..) and loves to read and help me cook. She is such a joy to have around.

The past 5 years have been a whirl wind. We bought the gym in January 2007 and sold it in September 2011. The day we closed escrow, the world literally became a new color for me. I don't think I fully realized the amount of stress I was under. My health had been suffering, and we were far too busy. It was a LONG year of escrow and God has his own timing for everything. It certainly wasn't my timing! I am so grateful to Him for providing for us during all those months of uncertainty. Jeff and I are in a wonderful place in our marriage and I completely owe that to the past year of waiting.

Now that we no longer have the gym to run, I LOVE that I get to go home at night and cook dinner for my family and just enjoy them. I look forward to the time when Jeff will be home in the evenings with us as well. His absence is fully noted every night.

I hope to continue to document our little moments now that life has slowed down for us. I want to always remember how wonderful life is. My children are such a blessing and I want to make this a keepsake for them.

Here goes....

No comments: