Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My, What a BIG Boy!

We took Blake to the Dr today for a check up. He has a cold again and we wanted to be sure that it wasn't anything more serious... Anyhow, the boy weighs 15lbs 5oz! That's 3 lbs more than LAST MONTH. I know he never misses a meal, but seriously!

He reached for a toy for the first time yesterday, and has started to babble quite a bit. He will stare at you with his big blue eyes and give you the sweetest grin. I love this phase... Really, I love all of the phases (except the first 2 months.... those are hard) each one seems to be just a little better than the last.

Speaking of which, Avery is in a very assertive phase. I had to laugh this weekend when I was trying to get her ready so that we could go to the park. She kept dinging around and wouldn't do as I asked her to do. I was trying to get her hair done, and in frustration I said to her, "Would you please get your butt over here?" To which she sweetly pointed to her doll house across the room and said, "How about I put my butt over there?" It was hard not to burst out laughing. Of course I had to apologize for saying "butt" and explain that I hadn't chosen my words very well. But she didn't mind!

This morning I woke up to the sound of her throwing her pull-up away in the garbage in my bathroom. I lifted my head up to see her walking out of my room waving sweetly at me. A few minutes later I could hear her in the front bathroom, so I got up to see what she was doing. There she was completely dressed - shoes, socks, pants, undies and a shirt - and ready for school. Such an independent girl sometimes. And to think - Just a few short weeks ago, she wouldn't even get out of bed without me coming in to get her!

No comments: