Sunday, February 8, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Wow! It's been a while! Things have been really busy since I went back to work 3 weeks ago. All is well, and I am enjoying the 20 hours a week I am putting in. I am very blessed to have a boss as accomodating as mine. Blake has spent a few hours at work with me (thankfully sleeping like a log thru all of it!) and everyone in the office seems to truly enjoy having him there.

We are officially past the first 3 months (the hardest time, if you ask me) and Blake is so fun. He babbles and smiles and interacts with you when we play. He loves anything that gets his body moving, and seems to already be a bit of a daredevil. He LOVES it when Jeff tosses him in the air! But the little stinker turns serious EVERY time I get out the camera. He will be grinning away, and the minute the camera comes out, he sobers up and stares at me. He's definately a thinker like his daddy.

Last weekend we headed to Vegas for a gymnastics meet. Avery stayed home with Nana and Papa and didn't miss us for a second. Blake took his first plane ride and did great. Thankfully he didn't poop on me like his sister did during her first flight! We went to 3 gymnastics meets including the Winter Cup Finals where the US national team was selected. We were able to see Jonathan Horton, Raj Balthzar, Justin Spring, Joe Hagarty, and David Durante from the 2008 Men's Olympic Team, as well as Mark Williams, Jeff's coach from OU. It was a great time of visiting and eating and not a penny spent on gambling! Jeff took 12 boys from our gym there to compete at the Junior Olympic Meet and our Level 5 Boys took 2nd place Team. Our Level 6's were 10th which was a huge accomplishment.

Blake was a trooper - eating and sleeping in all different places. He is a much lighter sleeper than his sister, but can still manage to sleep thru the cheering and clapping of a gymnastics meet.

He has gotten better at reaching for toys. He is still very uncoordinated, but tonight at dinner he was sitting on my lap and grabbed a fist full of green beans. He didn't know what to do with them after that, but he enjoyed touching them! His newest thing is sucking on his hands. Any part of them will do, he just LOVES to mouth them all the time. He is constantly covered in drool! I have a feeling he will not be like Avery - who never put anything in her mouth that didn't belong there. We will definately have to put up the marbles and small toys when he gets to be mobile!

Avery has gotten to have a very vivid imagination. She loves to play dress up, and most days her friend Evi is here helping her get into mischief. Keep in mind that Evi is a real girl at her school, but the imaginary "Evi" comes over to play everyday. I have even had to push "Evi" on the swing at the park. Avery was quite upset when another boy sat in the swing that "Evi" had been in and squished her. The real Evi's mom laughs when I tell her all that "Evi" does at our house each day. It's fun to see Avery play with others - real or imagined - and listen to the games they play. She is at a very fun age.

I'm having a bot of a mental block at the moment and can't think of any fun stories - doesn't help that Blake is crying in the living room with Jeff. So, I guess I will go for now and hopefully not wait 3 weeks before posting again!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Congratulations on the meet! It sounds like all the guys did a great job. I didn't know you were back at work, that's wonderful of them to make a great schedule. Can I get a boss like that? :)